Whether you’re working at your dream job or a dead end job, you’re a full time work-at-home-mother or you own your own business, your career is a major part of your life.
As a Life Balancing expert for women who struggle to balance Marriage, Motherhood and Money-Making™ I get a lot of questions surrounding the “money-making” part. Even if we love what we do, some part of most of our careers is about making money so it is important to take time to plan and formulate a strategy to elevate our careers.
Below are five things you can do now to “hit the ground running” in 2015:
1. Vision – Get clear about what exactly you want to accomplish. Ask yourself where you see yourself three to five years from now.
2. Goals – Once you have clarified what you want your future to look like, set some SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound). Make sure that the goals you set will cause you to stretch yourself a little; go beyond your comfort zone. That is how you grow. Make sure that you write your goals down.
3. Plans – Once you have written your goals down, create an action plan. What actions will you take on a daily basis to get you closer to accomplishing your goals? Write that down too.
4. Prioritize – Although all your goals are likely to be very important to you, the reality is that some are more important than others. Make sure that as you write down your goals and action steps, you put them in the order of importance.
5. Company and Accountability – This last part can be a little tricky because as human beings, we get attached to people but sometimes we don’t make good decisions about the company we keep. Take time to write down a list of the people who have affected your life and been closest to you in 2014. This is the hard part: you have to make a conscious decision to reduce contact with those that have affected you negatively and held you back from moving forward in a positive way. You must also make a conscious decision to increase contact with the people who will keep you accountable and will be a positive influence on your life.
2014 is not over yet, use your last few days to go through that list and “hit the ground running” in 2015. See you on the other side!
Nomalanga is a Life Balance Expert. Her speaking and coaching programs help busy women who struggle to balance Marriage, Motherhood and Money-Making™. Nomalanga is an experienced instructor, author and avid blogger.
This post originally appeared at techyville.com